2020 Director Candidates
Join us for our 66th annual membership meeting on Tuesday, March 17th (members have a 278 or 595 phone number). Registration begins at 6:00 pm and the business meeting begins at 7:00 pm. Members will elect Directors and get updates on LightStream’s investments and upgrades. Attendees will also enjoy special offers and door prizes! The meeting will be held at the LightStream Headquarters at 306 S. State Rd. 39 in Buffalo. Please RSVP for the meeting to receive a second entry for the door prize drawing!
Per our Bylaws: The Board shall have nine (9) Directors. The Board shall manage the business and affairs of the Cooperative. Such Board shall exercise all of the powers of the Cooperative except such as are by the Acts, the Articles, or these By-Laws conferred upon or reserved to the Memberships.
- LightStream member since 1973
- LightStream Director since 1996
- Served on committees for Finance, Scholarship, Executive, Documents, and Annual Meeting
- Owner of Leis Machine Shop
- Member of NTCA, TLRSD, ISRA, has spent 35 years with the Buffalo Volunteer Fire Department
- Other interests include family, working on old cars, and going to car cruises
- He and his wife, Pat, have one son, Jeremy
Candidate Statement: If elected, I will continue to serve LightStream customers with the same diligence as I have in the past. My main interest is seeing the sustainability of our company.
- LightStream member since 2016
- Owner of a sporting goods shop
- Member of White County 4-H, NRA Business Alliance, and a Volunteer White County Veteran
- Randy and his wife, Susan, have two children, Adam and Kristin
Candidate Statement: I believe in supporting the community and all of our challenges.
- LightStream member since 1996
- LightStream Director since 2018
- Served on committee for Finance
- Marketing Director and Manager-Innovative Business Solutions at Co-Alliance, LLP
- Member of Ag Gateway, Cooperative Communicators Association, Ivy Tech Agricultural Advisory Board Chairman, and Pulaski County Babe Ruth League
- Enjoys fishing, hunting, and traveling
- He and his wife, Nancy, have three children, Jacob, Kate, and Sam
Candidate Statement: It has been a pleasure to serve the membership as a board member and finance committee member and help direct the future of a company that my father-in-law managed and grew for so many years. I have enjoyed learning and working with the staff and other board members at LightStream. I’m proud to be a part of the leadership team diligently helping to bring high speed internet and high-quality services to all members. I look forward to using my financial, IT and co-op experience along with my MBA education to help LightStream continue to deliver the best connection to your world.
- LightStream member since 1976
- Retired educator and cake decorator
- Member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and on the Board of Directors at Pulaski Animal Center where she has served as a volunteer coordinator and monitored their website and social media
- Enjoys reading in her spare time
- She was previously married to her husband, William
Candidate Statement: Having enjoyed the benefits of LightStream (fka PWRTC) for over forty years, I am happily willing to serve on the board if needed.
Star City Candidates
- LightStream member since 1994
- LightStream Director since 2008
- Served on committees for Documents, Scholarship, and Benefits
- Supervisor at BraunAbility
- Member of Star City Lions Club
- Other interests include hunting, fishing, the Chicago Cubs, and IU basketball
- He has two children, A.J. and Madison, with his wife, Sheila
Candidate Statement: I have been honored to serve on the board for 12 years and look forward in helping guide LightStream to more success in the future.
- LightStream member since 2012
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Other interests include family, farming, and Purdue sports
- He and his wife, Taylor, have one child, Hadley
Candidate Statement: A small town community is what I have always known. I look forward to building my career, family, and farming in this small town and being part of ensuring that we keep growing. Getting involved and helping make small decisions can help me take part of this community and what it has to offer.